Small to medium enterprises can apply for up to £4K of financial support each through Scottish Enterprise's expanded Brexit Support Grant.
The Brexit Support Grant, funded by the Scottish Government, provides up to a maximum of £4,000 to help small to medium-sized enterprises in Scotland manage a wide range of Brexit impacts.
The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- VAT registered small to medium-sized enterprise (SME) based in Scotland
- Under 250 employees
- Turnover less than 50 million Euros or
- Balance sheet less than 43 million Euros
- Brexit impact scenario planning
- Additional professional services specifically in relation to Brexit issues, e.g.
- Legal and contractual issues
- Modelling cashflow
- Modelling impact of changing customs/tariffs/VAT
- Strengthening financial and currency management
- Exploring supply chain issues and opportunities
- Reviewing and optimising transport or logistics arrangements
- Costs incurred in acquiring AEO (Authorised Economic Operator) status
- Human resource issues
- Cost of (up to two employees) attending training courses relating to any of the above topics if your company is also undertaking complementary activity
- Air travel from Scotland to international markets to react to supplier and/or customer issues directly relating to Brexit (two employees per company, per visit, economy fares and flat rate of £50 per person per night for accommodation)
- Consultancy (not on payroll)
- Professional fees – legal and financial (not on payroll)
- Graduate placements (on payroll)
- Interns (on payroll)
- International market visits – travel and accommodation